Based in Madrid, Spain
April 26th 2018
Solo is an introspective puzzler set on a gorgeous and surreal archipelago. Reflect on your loving relationships by exploring contemplative, dream-like islands.
Solo was inspired by our beliefs and concerns about love experiences. As result of a painful break up of one of our teammates, creative director Juan de la Torre, we decided to make a game that could express how we feel about love. How difficult it is to love someone and how difficult it is to understand love itself. We want the player to think and introspect about relationships like we did during this period of our lives.
That’s why Solo is a game about love. About love as fuel, the force that drives us.
It is a universal feeling, but each of us experiences it in a different way. Individually, it holds different meanings depending on a variety of factors such as culture, gender, sexuality or traumas.
Solo was successfully funded on Fig by 543 backers who could both pledge and invest during the Fig campaign.
- Reflect on love’s place in your life with a personal and introspective branching narrative.
- Combine blocks with different properties offering multiple solutions for most puzzles.
- Contemplate and explore a living world: take photos of the charming, colorful islands amidst tranquil tunes or play the guitar for cute creatures.
Solo: an introspective puzzle adventure - Official Teaser Trailer YouTube
Solo - pre-alpha gameplay with Team Gotham YouTube
Solo - Campaign Video - fig.co YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indie MINIBOOTH Official Selection @ PAX East 2018" Solo. April, 2018.
- "Best Game Narrative, CASUAL CONNECT KYIV 17" Solo. October, 2017
- "Best Idea Nominee, AZPLAY 17" Solo. September, 2017
- "RESPAWN Gathering of developers Official Selection 2017" Solo. August, 2017
- "INDIE ARENA Official Selection 2017" Solo. August, 2017
- "Good golly, Solo looks GORGEOUS"
- Philippa Warr, ROCK PAPER SHOTGUN
- "It's easy to instantly fall in love with the visuals."
- Marco Gonzálvez, IGN
- "I would certainly back Solo without a second thought."
- Serena Nelson, CLIQIST
- "A very personal, meditative and gorgeous game"
- Rami Ismail, GAMEREACTOR
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Team Gotham allows for the contents of Solo to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Solo is legally & explicitly allowed by Team Gotham. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.teamgothammadrid.com/press/sheet.php?p=solo.
Solo's Fig campaign page
About Team Gotham
Team Gotham is a Madrid-based indie studio formed by 5 friends who met at university. Since then they have been crafting detailed experiences in order to express themselves through the game media.
More information on Team Gotham, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Juan de la Torre
Art Director, Game Designer, Business Development and PR
Román J. Baos
CTO and Programmer
CFO, Programmer and Web Developer
Concept Artist, 3D and Animator